“Won’t you meet me out tonight in Mancos”Stillhouse Junkies
Apologies that it’s been so long since I’ve posted. We’ve had a whirlwind of a last few days. I’m not going to try to recap everything we’ve done in the past 3-4 days, but I will try to hit some highlights.
- Our good friends The Otts came to visit us!
- We hiked with them at two units of Canyonlands and at Arches NP in Moab, UT.
- They were the first people to visit CO Home.
- We got to enjoy plenty of good beer, whiskey, and food.
- I don’t think we scared them away from a return trip when the house is actually done.
It’s been really, really hot here the past few days. There’s also been a plethora of biting gnats around during the hottest parts of the day which has may them nearly unbearable. We decided we needed some cold air and a warm shower this afternoon so we skipped a night of camping for the comfort of a hotel. We also did something we would likely only ever do on a road trip – get pizza from pizza hut rather than a local place. Cortez, we love you, but you need to up your pizza game.
I apologize once again for the brief post. I promise to get back to regularly scheduled updates tomorrow. For now though, I’m off to bed.