Some of you may remember from last summer that I decided to complete several summer projects. I’m planning the same for this summer, and in the interest of actually completing it by the end of the summer I decided that I’d better get started.
My goal is to build an arcade machine, a real one just like you’d see in an arcade! I’m really excited about the whole thing and I’ll be sure to keep you all updated as I make any progress.
Over Christmas break I got one of my old computers all set up to be the brains of the machine. I’ll spare you the technical details, but I’m running Mamewah as a frontend for game selection with emulators for Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Atari 2600. Of course, it will also include the MAME emulator for classic arcade games!
The next goal for the project is to build a mock-up of the control panel and to configure the interface card to work with the computer. I’m planning on doing most of that work over spring break so to get ready for that I ordered my supplies today!